This is my Mind's Eye.
I guess first things come first.
To my family, I am known as Christopher P Taylor. To my friends - the people I care about like a family - I am Patrick. I am the glue. I am the confidant. I am the support. I am the centripetal force that pulls in random assortments of people, places, details, and memories; I am somewhat a vessel of unending random knowledge who simply acts as the pathway from point A to point B. I am, quite simply, the middle.
Maybe it started with my family life; maybe it started with my birth on the second day of September on a plain old Saturday just shy of 3 months before the beginning of the last decade of the 1900s. Maybe it started with all of the obstacles I have overcome, the fears I have faced, and the multitude of places in which I somehow find myself. Or, maybe the start is infinite; maybe I am always starting something new, always reaching forward and thrusting myself into a whirlpool of activities to constantly keep myself going.
It's like I can't stop.
The real question, though, is "do I want to?"
I'd be lying if I said no, but I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said yes. So really, I'm just caught in the middle. And that's why my name fits so well.
MI - Middle Initial, is the potential name for the studio I hope to one day own. Stylized - MiddleiStudio. It comes from not only the importance I find in my middle name, rather than my middle initial, but from what I have deemed the creation of a new being - schizophrenic though it may seem. From the ashes of the person who struggled and failed; tried and lost; traveled and cemented; from the death of this unmotivated, unchallenged, uninterested shell of a person - an opposite, heralded form emerged in a dazzling infinite birth.
Patrick
My name has since meant the world to me. It defines me in my entirety. Most people use adjectives to describe themselves. I use a proper noun.
Let me introduce you to Patrick, my middle name; P, my middle initial. Let me introduce you to my Mind's Eye: I.
No comments:
Post a Comment